Name Change - Passport Amendment

Who is eligible
Call +1-800-345-6541+1-800-345-6541 for a free consultation
PASSPORT RENEWAL ONLY - 4-6 week mail in service
11 business days
7 business days
4 business days

VisaHQ prices do not include Department of State fees

  • 1. Documents
  • 2. Shipping

Gathering the necessary documents to Change the Name on Your Passport

APlace order for Passport Name Change
By placing the order with us you will reserve a spot to expedite your passport name change application. Spots are limited, make your reservation now.

If you are traveling within next two weeks you should select a 4 business days processing option and contact our office to reserve your spot to expedite your passport application.
BIf your passport was issued less than 1 year ago:
Form DS-5504 
Download and fill out the DS-5504 application form. Sign and date your application.
If your passport was issued more than one year ago please apply for U.S. passport renewal.
CTwo (2) passport photos
Photos must be identical, taken within the past 6 months, 2x2 inches, and not from a vending machine.
Starting November 1, 2016, eye glasses will no longer be allowed in passport photos.

More on passport photo requirements.
DProof of the name change
A certified copy of either
- A marriage certificate, or
- A name change court decree
ELetter of Authorization 
Please download, print and sign 2 copies of the Letter of Authorization.
FValid passport
Passport must have at least one year validity remaining. If your passport expires within a year please apply for passport renewal.
GTravel itinerary
- Copy of a plane ticket to a foreign country, or
- Copy of a travel itinerary with the applicant's name showing dates and flight info, or if neither is available and traveling for business
- A letter from the employer.

For 2-3 business day passport service only travel dates must be within 14 days.
HGovernment Fees
U.S. Department of State fee of $60.00 can be added to your order or please send a Certified Check or Money Order payable to the "U.S. Department of State" for $60.00

Shipping the documents to Keyflight

Make sure that the following documents are included:

1. Signed and dated Amendment Form (DS-5504)
2. Two passport size photos
3. Proof of the name change
4. Valid Passport
5. The Letter of Authorization (2 signed copy)
6. Travel itinerary (Rush Service only)
7. Certified Check or Money Order for $60 to US Department of State

Please use delivery services the offer a tracking number such as
FedEx, UPS, or USPS Express.
Mail the documents to: Keyflight / U.S. Passport Services
2005 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20036
Tel: +1-800-345-6541