U.S. Passport for Minors

Who is eligible
Call +1-800-345-6541+1-800-345-6541 for a free consultation
PASSPORT RENEWAL ONLY - 4-6 week mail in service
11 business days
7 business days
4 business days

VisaHQ prices do not include Department of State fees

  • 1. Documents
  • 2. Authorization
  • 3. Shipping

Gathering required documents for New U.S. Passport for children 15 and under

APlace order for Child Passport
By placing the order with us you will reserve a spot to expedite your child passport application. Spots are limited, make your reservation now.

If you are traveling within next two weeks you should select a 4 business days processing option and contact our office to reserve your spot to expedite your passport application.
BChild passport application  DS-11 online
Important instructions:
  • Click on "Submit" under "Complete Form Online" column, complete all required fields and print out two copies of the application. Do not sign the application forms.
  • The original form must be signed in front of the acceptance agent. The second form should be sent unsigned to VisaHQ outside of the sealed envelope. The DS-11 form must be completed online, applications without a barcode in the top left will not be accepted.
  • Click here to find your nearest acceptance facility
  • Please be aware that most U.S Post Offices and public libraries require an appointment to execute a sealed envelope with the documents, you may need to verify with your local agency if they seal passport documents and set an appoint for the earliest available time.
  • Please ensure that the executed sealed envelope is further placed in a separate mailing envelope so as not to get damaged or opened by an unauthorized agent in error.
CLetter of Authorization 
Please download, sign and print 2 copies of the Letter of Authorization. Include 1 copy in the sealed envelope and send the 2nd copy to the office outside the sealed envelope
DTwo (2) passport photos
Photos must be identical, taken within the past 6 months, 2x2 inches, and not from a vending machine.
Starting November 1, 2016, eye glasses will no longer be allowed in passport photos.

More on passport photo requirements.
EProof of U.S. citizenship of the child
- Original Birth Certificate (if born in the United States).
- Original naturalization certificate

Read more on proof of U.S. citizenship.
Note: All originals will be returned to you with newly issued child’s passport.
FProof of Relationship to the minor applicant
- Original U.S. birth certificate listing parents' names; or
- Certified Foreign Birth Certificate listing parents' names and translation; or
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) with parents' names listed; or
- Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350) with parents' names listed; or
- Adoption Decree listing adopting parents' names; or
- Court Order Establishing Custody or Guardianship.
GProof of Identity for parent(s) or guardian(s)
- A copy of a valid driver's license or state issued I.D, issued more than 6 months ago, or
- U.S. passport (mutilated, altered, or damaged passports are not acceptable as proof of identity), or
- Government  or military ID (must be current).

Note: Copies of both parents' IDs must be included with the documents. If you have changed your legal name you will need to provide a Certified Copy of either a Marriage Certificate or a Name Change Court Decree. Read more on Proof Of Identity.
HExtra copies of documents
Please send us an extra copy of the following documents outside of the sealed envelope
- Application
- Letter of Authorization

- Itinerary
- Photo
- Proof of ID/ citizenship
- Proof of Relationship to the minor applicant and Proof of Identity for parent(s) or guardian(s)
ITravel itinerary
- Copy of a plane ticket to a foreign country, or 
- Copy of a travel itinerary with the applicant's name showing dates and flight information

For 2-3 business day passport service, travel dates must be within 14 days when a visa is required to the country of destination; otherwise, dates must be within 5 days.
JGovernment Fees
Certified Check or Money Order payable to the
"U.S. Department of State"

- for $140.00 (minors - 15 and under)

Getting the Documents for New Passport for a minor authorized

IMPORTANT: All minors must appear in person and must be accompanied by BOTH PARENTS or legal guardians with acceptable proof of ID. If only one of the parents is present, he or she must bring a Statement of Consent ( Form DS-3053 ) signed and notarized by the other parent, executed within 3 months of the application date. A single parent must bring the original evidence of sole legal custody.
Locate the nearest Passport Acceptance Facility

Authorization procedure. 
The acceptance agent has to: 
  • - Confirm parent’s relationship to the applying child
  • - Witness the signing of the application by parents on behalf of the child;
  • - Collect a $25 execution fee;
  • - Check parent’s ID;
  • - Verify the documents and seal them into an envelope.
The items that should be handed to the Agent and sealed are:
  1. Filled out application form DS-11 signed by the parents in front of the agent.
  2. Original proof of the United States citizenship for the child.
  3. Two passport photos of the child.
  4. Copies of parent’s IDs.
  5. Evidence of urgent travel (2-3 business day passport service only).
  6. Certified check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State for the appropriate amount.
  7. 2 copies of the Letter of Authorization signed by the parents on behalf of the child.

Parents must inform the Agent that you are using a passport agency to expedite the processing and that the sealed documents will be hand-delivered to the Department of State. This Department of State policy is called "Hand Carrying of Executed Applications". The policy is detailed on pages 31 and 44 of the acceptance agent Manual.
The acceptance agent should write the child's name, departure date, and the date of birth on the outside of the sealed envelope. If two or more applications are sealed in the same envelope, please make sure that the information about all applicants is written on the envelope.

The acceptance agent will return the sealed envelope to you. Do not open the envelope. Mail the sealed envelope along with remaining paperwork to Keyflight for the processing of your child’s new passport.

Shipping passport application for a minor to Keyflight

Make sure that the following documents are included:

1. The envelope sealed by the acceptance agent.
2. Copy of a signed Letter of Authorization attached to the outside of the sealed envelope.

Please use delivery services the offer a tracking number such as
FedEx, UPS, or USPS Express.
Mail the documents to: Keyflight / U.S. Passport Services
2005 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20036
Tel: +1-800-345-6541