Damaged US Passport Replacement

Who is eligible
Naturally born or naturalized United States citizens who have lost their United States passport which is still valid.
Call +1-202-661-8111+1-202-661-8111 for a free consultation

VisaHQ prices do not include Department of State fees

  • 1. Documents
  • 2. Authorization
  • 3. Shipping

Gathering the necessary documents to Replace Damaged Passport

APlace order for Replace Damaged Passport
By placing the order with us you will reserve a spot to expedite your damaged passport replacement application. Spots are limited, make your reservation now.

If you are traveling within next two weeks you should select a 4 business days processing option and contact our office to reserve your spot to expedite your passport application.
BNew U.S. passport application DS-11 online
Important instructions:
  • Click on "Submit" under "Complete Form Online" column, complete all required fields and print out two copies of the application. Do not sign the application forms.
  • The original form must be signed in front of the acceptance agent. The second form should be sent unsigned to VisaHQ outside of the sealed envelope. The DS-11 form must be completed online, applications without a barcode in the top left will not be accepted.
  • Click here to find your nearest acceptance facility
  • Please be aware that most U.S Post Offices and public libraries require an appointment to execute a sealed envelope with the documents, you may need to verify with your local agency if they seal passport documents and set an appoint for the earliest available time.
  • Please ensure that the executed sealed envelope is further placed in a separate mailing envelope so as not to get damaged or opened by an unauthorized agent in error.
CLetter of Authorization 
Please download, sign and print 2 copies of the Letter of Authorization. Include 1 copy in the sealed envelope and send the 2nd copy to the office outside the sealed envelope
DTwo (2) passport photos
Photos must be identical, taken within the past 6 months, 2x2 inches, and not from a vending machine.
Starting November 1, 2016, eye glasses will no longer be allowed in passport photos.

More on passport photo requirements.
EProof of US citizenship
- Original Birth Certificate (if born in US).

Read more on proof of U.S. citizenship.
NOTE: All originals will be returned to you with the passport.
FProof of Identity
- Current, valid Driver's license issued more than 6 months ago.

Read more on proof of identity.
If applying for a Minor please read US passport requirements for minors.
GTravel itinerary
- Copy of a plane ticket to a foreign country, or
- Copy of a travel itinerary with the applicant's name showing dates and flight information, or if neither is available and traveling for business
- A letter from the employer.

For 5-7 business day passport service only travel dates must be within 14 days.
HGovernment Fees
Certified Check or money order payable to the
"U.S. Department of State"

- for $208.32 (adults - 16 years or older) or
- for $178.32 (minors - 15 and under)
IDamaged Passport
Original Damaged passport must be submitted with application when applying to replace a damaged passport.
JSigned Statement
A signed statement explaining the damaged or mutilated condition of your passport book and/or card.

Getting the documents Authorized

Locate the nearest Passport Acceptance Facility

Authorization procedure. The acceptance agent has to:
- Witness the signing of application for new passport;
- Collect a $25 execution fee;
- Check applicant's ID;
- Verify the documents and seal them into an envelope.

The items that should be handed to the Agent and sealed are:
  1. Filled out application form DS-11 signed in front of the agent.
  2. Original proof of the United States citizenship.
  3. Two passport photos.
  4. Evidence of urgent travel (24 hour passport service only).
  5. Certified check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State for the appropriate amount.
  6. The Letter of Authorization (2 signed copy).
You must inform the Agent that you are using a passport agency to expedite the processing and that the sealed documents will be hand-delivered to the Department of State. This Department of State policy is called "Hand Carrying of Executed Applications". The policy is detailed on pages 31 and 44 of the acceptance agent Manual.
The acceptance agent should write the applicant's name, departure date, and date of birth on the outside of the sealed envelope. If two or more applications are sealed in the same envelope please make sure that the information about both applicants is written on the envelope.

All minors must appear in person. For more information on how to apply for minors (under 16), please read U.S. passport requirements for minors.

The acceptance agent will return sealed envelope to you. Do not open the envelope. Mail in sealed envelope along with remaining paperwork to My XO Adventures for the processing of your new passport.

Shipping the documents to My XO Adventures

Make sure that the following documents are included:

1. The envelope sealed by the acceptance agent

Please use delivery services the offer a tracking number such as
FedEx, UPS, or USPS Express.
Mail the documents to: My XO Adventures / U.S. Passport Services
655 15th St NW
Suite 800
Washington, DC 20005
Tel: +1-202-661-8111

Other passport services

  • New Passport
    Naturally born or naturalized United States citizens who have never before applied for a United States passport;
    or whose passport was issued over fifteen years ago;
    or who are no longer in possession of expired passport;
    or whose valid U.S. passport is mutilated or damaged.
  • US passport for a child
    All children, regardless of age, must have their own passport when traveling internationally
    Passports for children are issued with the validity of 5 years
    Passports for children cannot be renewed
  • Passport renewal
    Naturally born or naturalized United States citizens who already have an undamaged United States passport;
    and who were sixteen years old or older at issuance,
    and whose passport is less than fifteen years old.
  • Second US passport
    Naturally born or naturalized United States citizens who at the discretion of the Department of State are:
    frequent travelers without enough time to obtain their visas
    or need another passport for travel to conflicting countries.
  • Replace lost passport
    Naturally born or naturalized United States citizens who have lost their United States passport which is still valid.
  • Passport name change
    Naturally born or naturalized United States citizens who changed their legal name since their passport issuance;
    and whose passport was issued within the last year.