New U.S. Passport Application

Who is eligible
Naturally born or naturalized United States citizens who have never before applied for a United States passport;
or whose passport was issued over fifteen years ago;
or who are no longer in possession of expired passport;
or whose valid U.S. passport is mutilated or damaged.
Call +1-202-661-8111+1-202-661-8111 for a free consultation

VisaHQ prices do not include Department of State fees

  • 1. Documents
  • 2. Authorization
  • 3. Shipping

Gathering required documents for New U.S. Passport

APlace order for New Passport
By placing the order with us you will reserve a spot to expedite your new passport application. Spots are limited, make your reservation now.

If you are traveling within next two weeks you should select a 4 business days processing option and contact our office to reserve your spot to expedite your passport application.
BNew U.S. passport application DS-11 online
Important instructions:
  • Click on "Submit" under "Complete Form Online" column, complete all required fields and print out two copies of the application. Do not sign the application forms.
  • The original form must be signed in front of the acceptance agent. The second form should be sent unsigned to VisaHQ outside of the sealed envelope. The DS-11 form must be completed online, applications without a barcode in the top left will not be accepted.
  • Click here to find your nearest acceptance facility
  • Please be aware that most U.S Post Offices and public libraries require an appointment to execute a sealed envelope with the documents, you may need to verify with your local agency if they seal passport documents and set an appoint for the earliest available time.
  • Please ensure that the executed sealed envelope is further placed in a separate mailing envelope so as not to get damaged or opened by an unauthorized agent in error.
CLetter of Authorization 
Please download, sign and print 2 copies of the Letter of Authorization. Include 1 copy in the sealed envelope and send the 2nd copy to the office outside the sealed envelope
DOne (1) passport photo
Photo must be taken within the past 6 months, 2x2 inches, and not from a vending machine.
Starting November 1, 2016, eye glasses will no longer be allowed in passport photos.

More on passport photo requirements.
EProof of U.S. citizenship
- Original Birth Certificate (if born in the United States).
- Previously issued ( undamaged ) U.S. passport.

Read more on proof of U.S. citizenship.
Note: All originals will be returned to you with newly issued passport.
FProof of Identity
- A copy of a valid driver's license or state issued I.D, issued more than 6 months ago, or
- Previous U.S. passport (mutilated, altered, or damaged passports are not acceptable as proof of identity).
If applying for a Minor please read US passport requirements for minors.

If your legal name has changed but your passport was issued within the last year, you can apply for a Name Change for your passport. Otherwise, you will need to provide a certified copy or original of either a marriage certificate or a name change court decree.
GExtra copies of documents
Please send us an extra copy of the following documents outside of the sealed envelope
- Application
- Letter of Authorization

- Itinerary
- Photo
- Proof of ID/ citizenship
HTravel itinerary
- Copy of a plane ticket to a foreign country, or
- Copy of a travel itinerary with the applicant's name showing dates and flight information, or if neither is available and traveling for business
- A letter from the employer.

For 5-7 business day passport service, travel dates must be within 14 days when a visa is required to the country of destination; otherwise, dates must be within 5 days.
IGovernment Fees
Certified Check or Money Order payable to the
"U.S. Department of State"

- for $208.32 (adults - 16 years or older) or
- for $178.32 (minors - 15 and under)

Getting the Documents for New Passport Application Authorized

Locate the nearest Passport Acceptance Facility

Authorization procedure.
The acceptance agent has to:
- Witness the signing of application for new passport;
- Collect a $25 execution fee;
- Check applicant's ID;
- Verify the documents and seal them into an envelope.

The items that should be handed to the Agent and sealed are:
  1. Filled out application form DS-11 signed in front of the agent.
  2. Original proof of the United States citizenship.
  3. Two passport photos.
  4. Evidence of urgent travel (2-3 business daypassport service only).
  5. Certified check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State for the appropriate amount.
  6. The Letter of Authorization (2 signed copy).
You must inform the Agent that you are using a passport agency to expedite the processing and that the sealed documents will be hand-delivered to the Department of State. This Department of State policy is called "Hand Carrying of Executed Applications". The policy is detailed on pages 31 and 44 of the acceptance agent Manual.
The acceptance agent should write the applicant's name, departure date, and date of birth on the outside of the sealed envelope. If two or more applications are sealed in the same envelope please make sure that the information about both applicants is written on the envelope.

All minors must appear in person. For more information on how to apply for minors (under 16), please read US passport requirements for minors.

The acceptance agent will return sealed envelope to you. Do not open the envelope. Mail in sealed envelope along with remaining paperwork to My XO Adventures for the processing of your new passport.

Shipping passport application for new passport to My XO Adventures

Make sure that the following documents are included:

1. The envelope sealed by the acceptance agent.
2. Extra copies of all documents included in the sealed envelope.

Please use delivery services the offer a tracking number
such as FedEx, UPS, or USPS Express.
Mail the documents to: My XO Adventures / U.S. Passport Services
655 15th St NW
Suite 800
Washington, DC 20005
Tel: +1-202-661-8111

Other passport services

  • US passport for a child
    All children, regardless of age, must have their own passport when traveling internationally
    Passports for children are issued with the validity of 5 years
    Passports for children cannot be renewed
  • Passport renewal
    Naturally born or naturalized United States citizens who already have an undamaged United States passport;
    and who were sixteen years old or older at issuance,
    and whose passport is less than fifteen years old.
  • Second US passport
    Naturally born or naturalized United States citizens who at the discretion of the Department of State are:
    frequent travelers without enough time to obtain their visas
    or need another passport for travel to conflicting countries.
  • Replace lost passport
    Naturally born or naturalized United States citizens who have lost their United States passport which is still valid.
  • Damaged US Passport
    Naturally born or naturalized United States citizens who have lost their United States passport which is still valid.
  • Passport name change
    Naturally born or naturalized United States citizens who changed their legal name since their passport issuance;
    and whose passport was issued within the last year.