Second U.S. Passport

Who is eligible
Naturally born or naturalized United States citizens who at the discretion of the Department of State are:
frequent travelers without enough time to obtain their visas
or need another passport for travel to conflicting countries.
Call +1-202-661-8111+1-202-661-8111 for a free consultation

VisaHQ prices do not include Department of State fees

  • 1. Documents
  • 2. Shipping

Gathering the necessary documents to apply for Second Passport

APlace order for Second Passport
By placing the order with us you will reserve a spot to expedite your second passport application. Spots are limited, make your reservation now.

If you are traveling within next two weeks you should select a 4 business days processing option and contact our office to reserve your spot to expedite your passport application.
BPassport renewal application online: DS-82 online
Click on "Submit" under "Complete Form Online" column and print the application. Be sure to sign and date your application. The DS-82 form must be completed online, applications without a barcode in the top left will not be accepted.
CStatement for Second Passport (sample) 
Please write and sign the Statement in Support of Application for Second Passport. To avoid any delays, the Statement must provide detailed information as to why the applicant requires a Second Passport. The sample provided should be used for reference only.
DCurrent valid passport
You are required to present your primary passport with your application. If your current passport is within 1 year of expiration you will need to renew your passport before applying. If you are applying for a renewal of a second passport, you only need to submit your second passport with your application. Please bare in mind that the Department of State reserves the right to request your primary passport as well if deemed necessary.
ELetter of Authorization 
Please download, print and sign 2 copies of the Letter of Authorization.
FTwo (2) passport photos
Photos must be identical, taken within the past 6 months, 2x2 inches, and not from a vending machine.
Starting November 1, 2016, eye glasses will no longer be allowed in passport photos.

More on passport photo requirements.
GTravel itinerary
- Copy of a plane ticket to a foreign country, or
- Copy of a travel itinerary with the applicant's name showing dates and flight info, or if neither is available and traveling for business
- A letter from the employer.

For the 5-7 business day passport service travel dates must be within 14 days.
HGovernment Fees
U.S. Department of State fee of $208.32 can be added to your order or please send a Certified Check or Money Order payable to the "U.S. Department of State" for $208.32

Shipping the documents to My XO Adventures

Make sure that the following documents are included:

1. Signed and dated Form DS-82
2. Signed and dated Letter of Explanation
3. Current valid passport
4. Letter of Authorization (2 signed copy)
5. Two (2) passport photos
6. Travel itinerary
7. Certified Check or Money Order for $208.32 payable to US Department of State

Please use delivery services the offer a tracking number such as
FedEx, UPS, or USPS Express.
Mail the documents to: My XO Adventures / U.S. Passport Services
655 15th St NW
Suite 800
Washington, DC 20005
Tel: +1-202-661-8111

Other passport services

  • New Passport
    Naturally born or naturalized United States citizens who have never before applied for a United States passport;
    or whose passport was issued over fifteen years ago;
    or who are no longer in possession of expired passport;
    or whose valid U.S. passport is mutilated or damaged.
  • US passport for a child
    All children, regardless of age, must have their own passport when traveling internationally
    Passports for children are issued with the validity of 5 years
    Passports for children cannot be renewed
  • Passport renewal
    Naturally born or naturalized United States citizens who already have an undamaged United States passport;
    and who were sixteen years old or older at issuance,
    and whose passport is less than fifteen years old.
  • Replace lost passport
    Naturally born or naturalized United States citizens who have lost their United States passport which is still valid.
  • Damaged US Passport
    Naturally born or naturalized United States citizens who have lost their United States passport which is still valid.
  • Passport name change
    Naturally born or naturalized United States citizens who changed their legal name since their passport issuance;
    and whose passport was issued within the last year.